Thursday, August 18, 2016

How Bill Clinton & Hillary met , fall in love , marriage, familly and White House issues

ad300
Advertisement


 
“In the spring of 1971 I met a girl.”

“The first time I saw her we were, appropriately enough, in a class on political and civil rights. She had thick blond hair, big glasses, wore no makeup, and she had a sense of strength and self—possession that I found magnetic.”

 “I just went ahead and asked her to take a walk down to the art museum. We’ve been walking and talking and laughing together ever since. And we’ve done it in good times and bad, through joy and heartbreak.”

“I asked her to marry me and she said ‘I can’t do it.’ So the second time I tried a different tack. I said ‘I really want you to marry me, but you shouldn’t do it.’ And she smiled and looked at me, like, what is this boy up to? She said ‘that is not a very good sales pitch.’ I said ‘I know, but it’s true.’ And I meant it, it was true.”

“We were married in that little house on October the 11th, 1975. I married my best friend. I was still in awe after more than four years of being around her at how smart and strong and loving and caring she was. And I really hoped that her choosing me and rejecting my advice to pursue her own career was a decision she would never regret.”

“A little over a year later we moved to Little Rock when I became attorney general, and she joined the oldest law firm west of the Mississippi. Soon after, she started a group called the Arkansas Advocates for Families and Children.”

“On February 27th, 1980, 15 minutes after I got home from the National Governors Conference in Washington, Hillary’s water broke and off we went to the hospital. Chelsea was born just before midnight. And it was the greatest moment of my life. The miracle of a new beginning. The hole it filled for me because my own father died before I was born, and the absolute conviction that my daughter had the best mother in the whole world.”

“Through nursery school, Montessori, kindergarten, through T-ball, softball, soccer, volleyball and her passion for ballet, through sleepovers, summer camps, family vacations and Chelsea’s own very ambitious excursions, from Halloween parties in the neighborhood, to a Viennese waltz gala in the White House, Hillary first and foremost was a mother.”

“She became, as she often said, our family’s designated worrier, born with an extra responsibility gene. The truth is we rarely disagreed on parenting, although she did believe that I had gone a little over the top when I took a couple of days off with Chelsea to watch all six ‘Police Academy’ movies back-to-back.”

“The rest of the decade sort of flew by as our lives settled into a rhythm of family and work and friends. In 1983, Hillary chaired a committee to recommend new education standards for us as a part of and in response to a court order to equalize school funding and a report by a national expert that said our woefully underfunded schools were the worst in America.”

“Well, by the time I ran for president nine years later, the same expert who said that we had the worst schools in America said that our state was one of the two most improved states in America. And that’s because of those standards that Hillary developed.”

 “When I became president with a commitment to reform health care, Hillary was a natural to head the health care task force. … In 1997, Congress passed the Children’s Health Insurance Program, still an important part of President Obama’s Affordable Care Act. It insures more than 8 million kids. There are a lot of other things in that bill that she got done piece by piece, pushing that rock up the hill.”
“If you were sitting where I’m sitting—and you heard what I have heard at every dinner conversation, every lunch conversation, on every lone walk—you would say this woman has never been satisfied with the status quo in anything. She always wants to move the ball forward. That is just who she is.”

“I’ve lived a long, full, blessed life. It really took off when I met and fell in love with that girl in the spring of 1971.”

“If she wins, she is coming back for you to take you along on the ride to America’s future. Hillary will make us stronger together. You know it because she’s spent a lifetime doing it. I hope you will do it. I hope you will elect her.”
Share This
Previous Post
Next Post

Pellentesque vitae lectus in mauris sollicitudin ornare sit amet eget ligula. Donec pharetra, arcu eu consectetur semper, est nulla sodales risus, vel efficitur orci justo quis tellus. Phasellus sit amet est pharetra

0 Post a Comment: